Jessica R. Miesel, Ph.D.
Research in my group focuses primarily on the ecology and management of fire-prone temperate conifer forests, and the role of natural and anthropogenic black carbon in soil ecosystem processes. We are currently investigating the effects of fire, burn severity, and forest management treatments on nutrient pools and fluxes, and the biogeochemical factors that regulate carbon and nitrogen dynamics in forest soil during ecosystem recovery.
- Jessica Miesel's publications on Google Scholar.
Websites of interest:
- Lake States Fire Science Consortium
- Association for Fire Ecology
- International Biochar Initiative
- Earth Science Women's Network
- Fire and Ecosystem Ecology Laboratory Website
- CSS 880: Scientific Communication and Professional Development (2018-present)
- FOR 412: Wildland Fire (2017)
- FOR 404: Forest Ecology (2014-2017)
- FOR 404L: Forest Ecology Laboratory (2014-2017)
- FOR 420: Forestry Field Studies (2014-2016)
Published on February 14, 2022
Published on July 6, 2020
Published on June 17, 2020