MPH, Community Health Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, 2002
BS Dietetics, Michigan State University, 2001
BA, Exercise Science, Calvin University, 1998
HNF 320 - Professional Practice of Dietetics and Nutrition
Academic advisor for students in the dietetics undergraduate major.
- Provide information on the major including degree requirements and career possibilities;
- Advise on course selection, scheduling and sequencing;
- Assist with enrollment concerns;
- Explain academic policies and procedures related to dropping, repeating, withdrawing, transferring courses and academic standing;
- Advise and suggest resources related to tutoring, career planning, counseling, service learning, student organizations, Study Abroad, internships, professional and graduate schools, and job search.
Also available to prospective incoming freshmen or transfer students who wish to learn more about the Dietetics program at MSU.MSU students: Reserve an advising appointment with Jill DeJager via the online Student Information System.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with background in exercise science and public health. She loves all things healthy for the mind, body and spirit and feels most fulfilled when she sees her students being inspired to be their best selves. She has taught at a variety of institutions including UCLA, Long Beach City College, Mount San Antonio College, California State University, Long Beach, and Grand Valley State University. She has experience as a clinical RDN at the Long Beach Veteran’s Affairs hospital, has worked in health education as the Nutrition Education Coordinator at UCLA and also has experience with Michigan WIC and Head Start programs.