School of Packaging
Ph.D. student Teaching Assistant PKG 411
Jiyon Lee is a Ph.D student working with Dr. Laura Bix’s team. While she was attending Yonsei University in Korea, she had several internship and research assistance experiences in packaging field. She earned her master degree in packaging from Michigan State University in 2013. After her master, she worked for food company, CJ Cheil Jedang in Korea, as a packaging engineer. She has pursued her ph.D since 2015. Her main focus on her Ph.D. works is to investigate on healthcare provider’s aseptic opening behavior in healthcare context. Her hypothesis is that people exhibit different behavior and use different coping strategies on opening packages when they have physical or(and) psychological constraints(chaos).
- Doctorate in Packaging. Fall 2015- Present. Michigan State University School of Packaging; USA. TBD
- Master's of Science in Packaging. 2010-2013. Michigan State University School of Packaging; USA. "Investigating the efficacy of an interactive warning for use in prescription labeling strategies."
- Bachelor's of Science in Packaing. 2011. Yonsei University. South Korea.
- Medical device packaging
- Eye tracking (Notice-ability)
- Affordances and packaging design features
- Consumer behavior and packaging
- Packaging Engineer, July 2014-July 2015. CJ CheilJedang, South Korea.
- Packaging Consultant Intern,Winter, 2009. Korea Institute of Industrial Technology. South Korea.
- Packaging Consultant Intern, Winter, 2008. Institute of Korea Packaging Systems. South Korea.
- Packaging Intern, Summer, 2008. Aekyung Industry. South Korea.