Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition
University Distinguished ProfessorMichigan Biotechnology Institute 3815 Technology Blvd. Suite A114 East Lansing, MI
Degree: Ph.D, Iowa State University 1981; M.S., Colorado State University 1980
New and alternative uses of agricultural and forest raw materials; separation, purification, and crystallization processes for food, pharmaceutical, and chemical industries. Distilled beverage technology.
- Berglund, K. A., "Facilitating Trade Agreements in Alternative Energy and Bioproducts - Sweden," UN International Forum, 25 October, 2007, Lansing, MI, USA.
- Berglund, K. A:, "The Artisan Distilling Industry in Michigan- Status and Potential," Michigan Agr-Business Association Annual Meeting, 12-13 September, 2007, Lansing, MI, USA.
- Berglund, K. A:, "Alternative Energy in Sweden- A Meeting of Policy and Technology," Michigan Agr-Business Association Annual Meeting, 12-13 September, 2007, Lansing, MI, USA.
- Berglund, K. A., A. van Heiningen, and U. Rova, "The Forest Biorefinery: How Do We Capture More Value?" Society of American Foresters, 7-9 May, 2007, Escanaba, MI, USA.
Selected Achievements and Awards
- Distinguished Faculty Award, Michigan State University, 1998