Lindsey Pung-Terry, MA
Supervising and Staff Development EducatorLivingston County Extension Office ***Livingston County MSU Extension office will be CLOSED until April 13th due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. We are checking messages and will return both calls and emails as soon as possible***
2300 E. Grand River Ave.
Howell, MI 48843
As a Supervising Educator, Lindsey supports the efforts of her staff who are in the field doing nutrition and physical activity education to underserved populations in Hillsdale, Jackson, Lenawee, Livingston, Monroe, and Washtenaw counties. Using SNAP-Ed and EFNEP grants, the team works to improve the health of SNAP-eligible audiences in southeast Michigan.
Lindsey also contributes to statewide nutrition and physical activity work team initiatives, including:
- Led the content development a new curriculum, Cooking for One, and was the lead contact for designer, contractors, and staff piloting the program.
- Participation in conference planning activities, new presentation development, healthcare partnership action committee, marketing and supervisor committees.
- Selected to serve on a new Extension-wide worksite wellness initiative.
- Coaching and motivating staff through regular one-on-one and team meetings.
- Master of Arts in Health Promotion and Program Management from Central Michigan University
- Bachelor of Science in Health Advocacy from Lake Superior State University
Tags: community nutrition, expanded food and nutrition education program (efnep), food and health, health and nutrition, healthy eating, hillsdale county, jackson county, lenawee county, livingston county, monroe county, msu extension, physical acivity, snap-ed, washtenaw county