Nicole Wethington began her MSU Extension experience as a young 4-Her. She went on to become a volunteer and staff member. Nicole has worked on the 4-H Military Partnership, as a Nutrition Instructor, and is now a Program Instructor for the Health and Nutrition Institute focusing on health programs.
List of programs:
- Stress Less with Mindfulness
- Mindfulness for Children: Helping Kids Manage Stress
- Mindful Educators
- Mindfulness for Better Living Programs
- RELAX: Alternatives to Anger
- RELAX: Alternatives to Anger for Parents and Caregivers
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers
- ACEs: Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Weathering the Storm: How to Cultivate a Productive Mindset
- Communicating with Farmers Under Stress
- Tai Chi for Arthritis and Fall Prevention
- Matter of Balance
- WISE: Wellness Initiative for Senior Education
- Chronic Pain PATH (Personal Action Towards Health)
- Diabetes PATH (Personal Action Towards Health)
- Dining with Diabetes
- National Diabetes Prevention Program (NDPP)
- Breast Cancer and the Environment
- SLEEP: SLeep Education for Everyone Program
In addition to the above programs, Nicole is trained in Trauma Informed Outreach, Trust Based Relational Intervention, and various mindfulness techniques.
Nicole takes special interest in mindfulness, mind-body practices, the effect of stress on the body and brain, and trauma informed practices.
Published on March 19, 2021