Susan is available to help current and prospective students understand the requirements and options for Horticulture undergraduate degree programs in the Department of Horticulture and Crop and Soil Sciences undergraduate degree program the Department of Plant, Soil and Microbial Sciences.
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 9am-2 pm. Other times by appointment.
- Bachelor of Science, Horticulture, Michigan State University, 1988
- Master of Science, Horticulture, Michigan State University, 1992
- Undergraduate Advisor: August 2007 - present
- Instructor and Program Coordinator, MSU Institute of Agricultural Technology
- Landscape and Nursery Program: 1992-2000
- Horticulturist, C.E.Lewis Landscape Arboretum: 1992-2000
Susan teaches HRT 109: Introduction to Applied Plant Science
Susan Gruber advises students majoring or interested in majoring in Horticulture or Crop and Soil Sciences, and students wishing to complete Minors in Horticulture, Agronomy or Plant, Animal and Microbial Biotechnology.
Non-MSU students can schedule an appointment with Susan by contacting her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 353-0326.
Current MSU students
Current MSU students can schedule advising appointments with Susan using MSU’s Student Information System:
- Login to https://student.msu.edu/
- Navigation: Student Homepage > Academic Progress > Advising/Tutoring Appointments
- Category – Select Advising
- Advising Unit – College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Advising
- Appointment Reason – click on the magnifying glass for the menu and select Horticulture or Crop and Soil Sciences or Biotech minor
- Additional Information - Please let me know what you want to discuss
- Appointment Type
- Phone – please list your preferred phone number. I will call you at the time of your appointment. My number may be listed as “private”.