Mollie Woods is the Director of the Michigan State University Extension Product Center.
She is the past Executive Director of the Cherry Industry Administrative Board in Michigan. Prior to her service with the cherry board, Woods worked with the department of Agriculture, Food and Resource Economics in MSU's college of Agriculture and Natural Resources. While there, her research focused on the impacts of voluntary food safety practices on the structure of the North American strawberry industry. Her work also included outreach to Michigan produce industries, analysis of global retail and farm level trends for Michigan specific fruits, and the development of an educational series on the WTO for Extension stakeholders interested in the global marketplace.
Research and Outreach Interests
- Behavior of produce markets
- Global agricultural trade policy
- Economics of food safety
- Google Scholar Publications and Citations
- Research Gate Publications/Access Statistics
- Econ Biz Publications
All Publications (View all Wood’s publications on Google Scholar sorted by year)
Woods, Mollie and Suzanne Thornsbury. “Adoption of Good Agricultural Practices in NAFTA Fresh Strawberry Markets”. Selected Poster, AAEA Annual Meeting, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. August 2003.
Thornsbury, Suzanne, Mollie Woods, and Lourdes Martinez . “Agricultural Trade and the World Trade Organization”. Series educational modules published by the Center for International Business and Education Research (CIBER), East Lansing, Michigan. Available at www.ciber.msu.edu . April 2004.
- MSU Food Processing and Innovation Center (FPIC). 2014. By The Product Center researchers, including Molly Woods.
- Assessing and Communicating Risks from Climate Variability for the Michigan Tart Cherry Industry. 2013. By Nikki Rothwell, Mollie Woods and Phil Korson
- Mechanical Harvesting of Northern Highbush Blueberries for Processing (and Fresh?) in Michigan. April 2 – 4, 2012. Mark Longstroth and Mollie Woods. Poster presented at an International Symposium on Mechanical Harvesting & Handling Systems of Fruits and Nuts. University of Florida.
Limited-time charcuterie box of MSU cheese, salami and bread now available through MSU Extension Product Center
Published on March 5, 2021
Published on February 26, 2021
Published on February 14, 2021
Published on May 18, 2020