Publications (View all Dr. Feng’s publications on Google Scholar sorted by year)
H. Feng, X. Du, D.A. Hennessy. “Depressed Demand for Crop Insurance Contracts, and a Rationale Based on Third Generation Prospect Theory.” Forthcoming, Agricultural Economics, 50th anniversary special issue. (The PDF of a working paper version is available here)
Arora, G., H. Feng, D.A. Hennessy, and C. Anderson. “Evidence of climate change impacts on crop comparative advantage and land use.” 2019. Forthcoming, Agricultural Economics. (The PDF of a working paper version is available here) (Supplemental materials)
Che, Y., H. Feng, D.A. Hennessy. “Recent Events and Participation at the Extensive and Intensive Margins in U.S. Federal Crop Insurance Program.” 2019. Forthcoming. The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice. DOI: 10.1057/s41288-019-00147-5. (The PDF of a working paper version is available here) (Supplemental materials)
- Xiaodong Du, David A Hennessy, Hongli Feng, Gaurav Arora; Land Resilience and Tail Dependence among Crop Yield Distributions, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Volume 100, Issue 3, 1 April 2018, Pages 809–828, https://doi.org/10.1093/ajae/aax082 (Full text) (Supplemental materials)
- X. Du, H. Feng, D.A. Hennessy. 2016. “Rationality of Choices in Subsidized Crop Insurance Markets.” Main Text, Supplemental Material, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, forthcoming.
- Miao, R., H. Feng, D.A. Hennessy, X. Du. 2016. “Assessing Cost-effectiveness of the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) and Interactions between CRP and Crop Insurance.” Main Text, Supplemental Material, Land Economics. Forthcoming.
- X. Du, D.A. Hennessy, H. Feng. “A Natural Resource Theory of U.S. Crop Insurance Contract Choice.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics. first published online August 7, 2013 doi:10.1093/ajae/aat057.
- Miao, Ruiqing, D.A. Hennessy, and Hongli Feng. “Sodbusting, Crop Insurance and Sunk Conversion Costs.” Land Economics, 90(4, 2014):601-622.
- H. Feng, D.A. Hennessy, and R. Miao. 2013. “The Effects of Government Payments on Cropland Acreage, CRP Enrollment, and Grassland Conversion in the Dakotas.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 95(2):412-418, doi:10.1093/ajae/aas112.2
- H. Feng and B. Babcock. “Impacts of Ethanol on Planted Acreage in Market Equilibrium.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 2010, 92(3): 789-802, published ahead of print April 8, 2010, doi:10.1093/ajae/aaq023.
- H. Feng and C. Hart. “Willingness to Pay for Surplus Sugar under the U.S. Sugar-to-Ethanol Program.” Contemporary Economic Policy, Published online December 23 2009, DOI: 10.1111/j.1465-7287.2009.00189.x.
- H. Feng. “Green Payments and Dual Policy Goals.” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, November 2007, 54 (3): 323-335
- H. Feng, L.A. Kurkalova, C.L. Kling, and P.W. Gassman. “The Tradeoff of Conservation on Working Land versus Land Retirement.” Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 52 (2006) 600–614.
- H. Feng. “The Dynamics of Carbon Sequestration and Alternative Carbon Accounting, with an Application to the Upper Mississippi River Basin.” Ecological Economics, vol. 54, No. 1, July 2005: 23-35.
- H. Feng, J. Zhao, and C.L. Kling. “The Time Path and Implementation of Carbon Sequestration.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. 84 No. 1, February 2002: 134-149.