Published on August 25, 2020
Published on April 16, 2020
Published on January 23, 2020
Published on December 5, 2019
Racial Equity in the Food System Workgroup
The Racial Equity in the Food System Workgroup is a convening of Cooperative Extension professionals and community stakeholders. Members of this national workgroup are working to connect, learn, and collaborate to build racial equity within the food system.
If you're looking ways to start including racial equity in your work, you've come to the right place. The webinars, resources, and trainings highlighted on this page can help you make connections with those who have had multiple learning experiences with racial equity and are already using it as a programming lens. Information available through this workgroup is open to all food systems educators who wish to incorporate racial equity in their work.
Organizations represented on the Steering Committee include:
- College of the Muscogee Nation
- Doers Consulting Alliance
- Duke World Food Policy Center
- Louisiana State University
- Michigan State University Department of Community Sustainability
- Mississippi State University
- NC State Extension
- South Dakota State University
- Tuskegee University
- University of California Cooperative Extension
- University of Kentucky
- University of Nevada Reno Extension
- University of Wisconsin Extension
- Virginia Cooperative Extension/Virginia Tech
View a listing of organizations that conduct racial justice and equity trainings (from the Committee on Racial Equity in the Food System, an initiative of the Center for Environmental Farming Systems).
The purpose of this workgroup is to be a community of Cooperative Extension professionals and community stakeholders who connect, learn and collaborate to facilitate change within our institutions and society to build racial equity within the food system.
There are no entries at this time.