Consider adding arugula to your toppings on homemade pizza nights!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 handful arugula or kale or spinach per mini pizza
- Homemade pizza crust or pre-made crust or english muffins
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Homemade or packaged pizza sauce
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese per mini pizza
- Optional: other toppings; such as canned mushrooms and summer squash
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds with hot water and soap.
- Sanitize all food prep surfaces and cooking utensils.
- Rinse and scrub all produce.
- Line small baking sheet with tin foil and line with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread pizza sauce on crust.
- Add cheese and toppings.
- Top off with a handful of arugula.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese melts and arugula wilts, about 7-10 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and serve warm.
Fresh greens are usually available at your local farmers market from about May-October. You can also try to grow greens in your garden or a window box. Arugula also makes a great addition to salads, pasta dishes, omelets, and scrambled eggs.