Asparagus and Red Quinoa Salad
You might grow some of these ingredients in your own garden! And this recipe is a great way to try quinoa!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Numer of Servings: 3 servings - 1 cup per serving
Calories per Serving: 355
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ pound raw asparagus - chopped
- ¼ pound radish - sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro - roughly chopped
- ¼ cup almonds - chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds with hot water and soap.
- Sanitize all food prep surfaces and cooking utensils.
- Rinse and scrub all produce.
- Toss cooked quinoa with olive oil, lemon juice, asparagus, radishes, cilantro and almonds into a bowl and mix.
This is a great recipe for hot summer days, as it requires minimal cooking. Asparagus is also great grilled, broiled or sautéed. Consider adding herbs or garlic for additional flavor. For best flavor, let rest in the fridge for an hour or two before serving.