Broccoli Potato Soup
Try this nutritious, hot meal with just a few ingredients.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Numer of Servings: [4 servings] / Serving Size = 2 cups
Calories per Serving: 200
- 4 cups chopped broccoli - fresh or frozen
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped cooked potatoes or mashed potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Salt (optional
- up to ½ teaspoon)*
- ¼ cup cheese - shredded cheddar or American
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds with hot water and soap.
- Sanitize all food prep surfaces and cooking utensils.
- Rinse and scrub all produce.
Combine broccoli, onion, and broth in a large sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add milk, pepper, and salt (if using); slowly stir in potatoes.
Cook 3-5 more minutes, stirring constantly.
Divide soup into 4 bowls. Sprinkle cheese over each serving.
*If you happened to use regular broth (not low sodium), do not add the optional salt.