Whether you purchase sauce or use home made, add cooked or canned lentils for a boost of fiber and protein!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
Numer of Servings: 8 servings - 1 cup per serving
- ½ cup dried lentils
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup carrots - chopped
- ½ cup onions - chopped
- ½ green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2-3 cups of tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds with hot water and soap.
- Sanitize all food prep surfaces and cooking utensils.
- Rinse and scrub all produce.
- Rinse lentils.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Add lentils and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat canola oil and add carrots. Sauté on medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add onions, green pepper, garlic, and salt to pan and sauté for two minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and Italian seasoning to pan. Mix and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Add cooked lentils and stir together.
- Cook noodles according to package directions and serve with lentil sauce.