Oven fries are very easy to make! If you scrub them well, there is no need to peel your potatoes. Leaving the skin on provides additional fiber and nutrients. You can try this recipe with sweet potatoes or rutabaga.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Numer of Servings: 6 servings - 2/3 of a potato
Calories per Serving: 84
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Vegetable oil
- Vegetable/Cooking spray
- Optional – add ¾ teaspoon salt or other seasoning
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds with hot water and soap.
- Sanitize all food prep surfaces and cooking utensils.
- Rinse and scrub all potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into long strips about 1/2 inch thick. Dry strips thoroughly with paper towels.
- Spray cookie sheet with vegetable spray.
- Toss strips into a mixing bowl with with oil, as if you were making a salad.
- After strips are coated with oil, spread them in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, turning half way through.
- Serve hot.