Pepper & Bean Casserole
Try this recipe using bell peppers, especially when bell peppers are in season! It makes great leftovers, too!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
- 4 cans kidney beans rinsed
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds with hot water and soap.
- Sanitize all food prep surfaces and cooking utensils.
- Rinse and scrub all produce.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F.
- Sautee garlic, onion and pepper in a pan in 1/4 cup water, until tender.
- Add beans, tomato sauce and a bit of cheese.
- Mix and place in a casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 °F for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake another 5 min.