Pulled Salmon BBQ Sandwich
You can use fresh, frozen, or canned salmon in this easy sandwich. Use your favorite bread, toppings, and sides for a delicious, satisfying meal!
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Numer of Servings: 2 Sandwiches
- 2 – 4-6 ounce salmon fillets (or canned salmon
- 2 whole grain hamburger buns (or slices of bread)
- 5 tablespoons of BBQ sauce (try a sugar free option)
- Sandwich toppings you prefer
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds with hot water and soap.
- Sanitize all food prep surfaces. and cooking utensils.
- Rinse and scrub all produce, if you have any for your toppings.
- Season your salmon fillet with salt and pepper to taste and place on a baking sheet (or skip to step 7 if using canned salmon)
- Bake salmon at 350°F in oven until flaky and opaque with an internal temperature of at least 145°F (about 20 min).
- Take salmon out of oven and flake apart into smaller chunks in a small bowl.
- Mix in 3 tablespoons of BBQ sauce with salmon.
- Re-form mixture on baking sheet and add 2 tablespoons of BBQ on top.
- Bake mixture another 5 minutes at 350°F, bake a little longer if you want it crispy.
- Take half of salmon and place on hamburger bun, load up with your favorite toppings and enjoy.