Southwestern Rice Bowl
Try this easy, quick recipe.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Numer of Servings: 2 servings - 1 cup per serving
Calories per Serving: 320
- 1/3 cup red pepper
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1/3 cup zucchini
- 1 teaspoon oil such as canola
- 1 cup canned or cooked beans
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons cheese
- Wash your hands for 30 seconds with hot water and soap.
- Sanitize all food prep surfaces and cooking utensils,
- Rinse and scrub all produce.
- Dice red pepper, onion, and zucchini.
- Over medium heat, add oil and vegetables in skillet. Heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add pre-cooked rice and beans to skillet to heat.
- Serve on plate or bowl, adding a bit of salsa and cheese to top.