- 19 pounds lean venison
- 6 pounds ground pork or beef (25 to 30 percent fat)
- 3/4 pound nonfat dry milk
- 3/4 cup (8 ounces or 227 grams) salt
- 2 quarts ice
- 3 eggs or 6 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. (28 grams) sugar
- 3 Tbsp. (18.9 grams) onion powder
- 4 Tbsp. (26.4 grams) ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. (5.4 grams) ground mace
- 1 Tbsp. (4.8 g) ground ginger
Grind venison through a 1/2- to 3/4-inch plate. Add seasonings by sprinkling the ingredients over the meat, and add pork or beef. Mix thoroughly and grind through a 1/4-inch plate while adding ice. Regrind through a 1/8-inch plate. Stuff into hog or collagen casings. Cook in water at 170 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer and cook to 165 degrees F internal temperature. Immediately immerse in cold water until sausage reaches an internal temperature of 100 degrees F. Blot dry. Refrigerate at 32 to 38 degrees F.
NOTE: This product may be refrigerated after stuffing and cooked from the fresh state for immediate consumption.