Policies and Procedures
- The faculty member must notify their department administrator of their intent to write a proposal.
- Together, the faculty member and the department administrator will determine if ABR-ORS assistance is necessary.
- If assistance is needed, the faculty member or department administrator should complete and submit a Proposal Request Form. He or she will receive on-screen confirmation that the form was successfully submitted.
- An ABR-ORS research coordinator will review the request and determine, by the next business day, if the office can provide assistance.
- If assistance can be provided, a research coordinator will contact the faculty member and his or her department administrator to schedule a meeting.
- Once the proposal is submitted, all documents will be emailed to the department administrator for his or her records.
ABR-ORS Deadline Policy
Regular and timely communication between faculty and ABR-ORS staff is critical to meet university and agency deadlines for submission of a quality proposal package and help ABR-ORS staff manage increased workloads. Our policy related to deadlines and expected communication from the PI on proposal can be found here.
NOTE: All requests for “At-Risk” proposal submission approvals (within 8 business hours of deadline) must be initiated and/or endorsed by the unit administrator and sent to George Smith, Associate Dean for Research, (firstname.lastname@example.org) and copied to email@example.com.
Office of Sponsored Programs Proposal Submission Deadline Policy
The university’s deadline policy for completed proposal submission can be found at: https://osp.msu.edu/PL/Portal/DocumentViewer.aspx?cga=aQBkAD0AMwAwADEA.