Policies and Procedures
- The faculty member must notify their department administrator of their intent to write a proposal.
- Together, the faculty member and the department administrator will determine if ABR-ORS assistance is necessary.
- If assistance is needed, the faculty member or department administrator should complete and submit a Proposal Request Form. He or she will receive on-screen confirmation that the form was successfully submitted.
- An ABR-ORS research coordinator will review the request and determine, by the next business day, if the office can provide assistance.
- If assistance can be provided, a research coordinator will contact the faculty member and his or her department administrator to schedule a meeting.
- Once the proposal is submitted, all documents will be emailed to the department administrator for his or her records.
ABR-ORS Deadline Policy
Regular and timely communication between faculty and ABR-ORS staff is critical to meet university and agency deadlines for submission of a quality proposal package and help ABR-ORS staff manage increased workloads. Our policy related to deadlines and expected communication from the PI on proposal can be found here.
NOTE: All requests for “At-Risk” proposal submission approvals (within 8 business hours of deadline) must be initiated and/or endorsed by the unit administrator and sent to Dr. George Smith, Associate Dean for Research for review.
Office of Sponsored Programs Proposal Submission Deadline Policy
The university’s deadline policy for completed proposal submission can be found at: https://osp.msu.edu/PL/Portal/DocumentViewer.aspx?cga=aQBkAD0AMwAwADEA.
- Requests for IDC waivers and reductions
An outline of the IDC waiver and reductions process for university chairs and directors
- Requests for Principal Investigator status
An outline of the process for faculty, research associates and post-doctoral students in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) to request PI status