Policies and Procedures
- The faculty member must notify their department administrator of their intent to write a proposal.
- Together, the faculty member and the department administrator will determine if ABR-ORS assistance is necessary.
- If assistance is needed, the faculty member or department administrator should complete and submit a Proposal Request Form. He or she will receive on-screen confirmation that the form was successfully submitted.
- An ABR-ORS research coordinator will review the request and determine, by the next business day, if the office can provide assistance.
- If assistance can be provided, a research coordinator will contact the faculty member and his or her department administrator to schedule a meeting.
- Once the proposal is submitted, all documents will be emailed to the department administrator for his or her records.
ABR-ORS Deadline Policy
Regular and timely communication between faculty and ABR-ORS staff is critical to meet university and agency deadlines for submission of a quality proposal package and help ABR-ORS staff manage increased workloads. Our policy related to deadlines and expected communication from the PI on proposal can be found here.
NOTE: All requests for “At-Risk” proposal submission approvals (within 8 business hours of deadline) must be initiated and/or endorsed by the unit chair or director and sent to George Smith, Associate Dean for Research, (email@example.com) and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office of Sponsored Programs Proposal Submission Deadline Policy
The university’s deadline policy for completed proposal submission can be found at: https://osp.msu.edu/PL/Portal/DocumentViewer.aspx?cga=aQBkAD0AMwAwADEA.
- Requests for IDC waivers and reductions
An outline of the IDC waiver and reductions process for university chairs and directors
- Requests for Principal Investigator status
An outline of the process for faculty, research associates and post-doctoral students in the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (CANR) to request PI status