Michigan Celery Industry Research Priorities
Celery Research Inc.
P.O. Box 306
Hudsonville, MI 49426
Celery Industry Priorities as set by the Celery Research, Inc. at the Michigan Celery Co-operative, Hudsonville, Mich.
- Improved aphid and celery leaftier control as a result of more effective materials, better spray coverage and/or better timing.
- Improved Colletotrichum (Anthracnose) control as a result of more effective materials, better spray coverage and/or better timing.
- Improved weed control with special emphasis on controlling problem weeds including smartweed, groundsel, purslane and nutsedge.
- Improved varieties with special emphasis on high-yielding varieties adapted to Michigan growing conditions.
- Detection of aster yellows in aster leafhoppers and timely delivery of this information to growers.
- Implementing strategies to manage established and emerging celery pathogens from the greenhouse to the field.
Drafted by: Ben Werling and Ron Goldy
Updated January 2014