Michigan Craft Beverage Council
- Climate change impacts affecting Michigan’s craft beverage agricultural supply chain and sustainable craft beverage business development.
- Crop quality, new varieties, and flavor profile analysis for hops, grapes, fruit, small grains, or other agricultural inputs that are used in craft beverage production and can be grown in Michigan.
- Sustainable water-use and wastewater/process water discharge projects; focused on the characterization of wastewater/process water from multiple facilities for each craft beverage business type in Michigan, effective wastewater pretreatment strategies, and development of a best management practices for each sector.
- Increasing use of Michigan agricultural products in craft beverage production, better insights through market research, utilization strategies, and/or promoting value to consumers and producers.
- Nationally benchmarking best practices where state policy, research, and craft beverage industry strategies accelerate the use of local agricultural input, consumer craft beverage demand, and market share.
Updated August 2022