Aquaculture in Myanmar: Fish Farm Technology, Production Economics and ManagementDOWNLOAD FILE
May 1, 2017 - Author: Ben Belton, Mateusz Filipski and Chaoran Hu
Ben Belton, Mateusz Filipski and Chaoran Hu. 2017. Aquaculture in Myanmar: Fish Farm Technology, Production Economics and Management. Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy Research Brief 37. East Lansing: Michigan State University.
- Fish farming should be recognized and promoted as a mechanism for generating rural growth.
- Small farms (sized 10 acres or less) and nurseries should be the principal target of policy and technical interventions.
- Conduct research and outreach on use of fertilizers.
- Identify mechanisms for providing commercial loans, tailored to the needs of actors in aquaculture value chains.
- Encourage private investment in the feed sector.