March 11, 2016
- Height: 55’
- Spread: 35’
- Site characteristics: Variety of soils; sand to clays to muck and peat as long as moisture is adequate
- Zone: 5a - 9a
- Wet/dry: Tolerates wet soils, intermittent flooding and moderate drought once established
- Native range: Southeast United States Salt: Moderate tolerance
- pH: 5.0 - 7.4
- Ornamental characteristics: Feather-like foliage with copper fall color.
- Shape: Columnar when young; wide spreading, open with age.
- Other: Late to leaf out Cultivars: ‘Shawnee Brave’ – narrower, reportedly tolerates high pH soils, Zone 5b
- Additional: Transplant in spring, slow to recover from transplanting
- Pests: Generally free of problems
Print a PDF of this page: Baldcypress