Graduate Applications - Frequently Asked Questions
December 15, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this program STEM?
- The Construction Management and Urban & Regional Planning programs are coded as STEM.
- The Environmental Design is not currently considered STEM.
- Is this program accredited?
- The Masters of Urban & Regional Planning program is accredited through the Planning Accreditation Board.
- The Masters of Construction Management and the Masters of Environmental Design are not accredited programs.
- Is the GRE Mandatory?
- Construction Management Master's – Yes
- Environmental Design Master's– Yes
- Urban & Regional Planning Master's – No, but suggested if undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- What is the duration of the program?
- All our Masters degrees are typically completed in 2 years.
- There is a five year time limit for completing a Masters in Construction Management or Environmental Design. The Masters in Urban & Regional Planning has a six year time limit.
- What are the tuition fees and living expenses for this program?
- Tuition and Fees may vary year to year. For the most up-to-date information, please see MSU’s Tuition Calculator or the Sample Budget.
- What is the difference between Plan A and Plan B?
- Plan A is a Thesis option. Plan B options vary depending on program. Please see the below links for details on program requirements
- What are the detailed program requirements?
- Detailed information about the academic requirements of each of our programs can be found via the following links: