Grand Rapids Area Substance Use Disorder Treatment Resource Guide
April 14, 2021
Medical Treatment Providers:
- Lakeshore Regional Entity
800-897-3301 - lsre.org
Lakeshore Regional Entity is the public behavioral health plan for people with mental illness, developmental disability, and substance use disorders in Allegan, Kent, Lake, Mason, Muskegon, Oceana, and Ottawa counties.
- Lakeshore Regional Provider Directory
Lakeshore Regional Provider Network Directory lists current contracted organizations that deliver substance use disorder and behavioral health services.
- Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services
800-678-5500 - pinerest.org
Pine Rest offers a full array of recovery services including detox, residential, outpatient, family education/support, and recovery housing.
- Sanford House Grand Rapids
844-776-9651 - sanfordhousegr.com
Sanford House is a drug and alcohol treatment center. Residential and outpatient services. Sanford House offers a full array of recovery services including detox, residential, outpatient, MAT, and recovery housing. Specialized services for pregnant and parenting individuals and couples treatment and transitional living.
- Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center
800-725-2769 - salvationarmyusa.org/usn/combat-addiction
Salvation Army is a drug and alcohol treatment center that provides substance use disorder treatment and transitional living.
- Wedgwood Christian Services- Adolescents
616-942-7294 - wedgwood.org
Wedgwood is a drug and alcohol treatment center that provides substance use disorder treatment and transitional living.
- Guiding Light Mission- Men only
616-451-0236 - guidinglightworks.org
Guiding Light is a drug and alcohol treatment center that provides substance use disorder treatment and transitional living for men.
- Our Hope Guiding Women to Recovery- Women only
616-451-2039 - ourhopeassociation.org
Our Hope provides therapeutic residential treatment, counseling, and education to guide women to recovery from alcoholism, addiction, and the mental health and emotional conditions related to SUD.
Behavioral Health/ Outpatient Treatment:
- Cherry Health Intensive Outpatient Program
616-965-8308 - cherryhealth.org
Cherry Health Outpatient provides evidence-based interventions in group therapy, individual therapy, and psychiatric medication management.
- Hope Network Center for Recovery
833-903-2280 - hopenetwork.org/center-for-recovery
Hope Network is a community health center that provides behavioral health and substance use disorder services. Services include MAT, outpatient therapy, and medical detox.
616-336-3909 - network180.org/en
Network180 connects individuals and their families to services for mental illness, substance use, and developmental disabilities.
- Nottawaseppi Band of the Potawatomi (NHBP) Behavioral Health Program
616-249-0159 x 3651 - nhbpi.org
NHBP provides behavioral health and substance use disorder services.
- Catholic Charities West Michigan
616-456-1443 - ccwestmi.org
Catholic Charities provides counseling services to individuals with serious mental illness, intellectual/developmental disabilities, and substance use disorders.
- Family Outreach Center
616-247-3815 - focgr.org
The Family Outreach Center provides prevention and education support to individuals and families.
- Additional Kent County Narcotics Anonymous meeting sites and times can be found online at michigan-na.org/greater-grand-rapids-area
- Arbor Circle
24-hour crisis hotline- 616-451-3001
Arbor Circle services include advocacy, individual and family therapy, peer support, crisis intervention, and case management services.
- MSU Extension Michigan Substance Use, Prevention, Education and Recovery (MiSUPER)
The overall goal of the MiSUPER project is to increase awareness of opioid misuse in rural communities regarding prevention, addiction treatment options, and recovery support so that community members and healthcare professionals can recognize signs of misuse, suggest options for professional treatments and support those in recovery.
Naloxone (Narcan)/ Syringe Exchange:
- The Grand Rapids Project Red
616-456-9063 - redproject.org
Project Red is a safe space where individuals can get tested, exchange syringes, and attend educational workshops. Narcan is available and training is provided.
- The Grand Rapids Project Red Naloxone Locater in Kent County
- The Grand Rapids Project Red Syringe Exchange Locater
- Naloxone for All: Michigan
NEXT Naloxone is an online and mail-based opioid overdose response training platform that facilitates access to naloxone through the mail.
- MDHHS Map: Pharmacies Approved to Dispense Naloxone
Map of pharmacies approved to dispense naloxone
- MDHHS Syringe Service Program Locator
Resource list of syringe service programs in Michigan.
Statewide/ National Resources:
- MDHHS- Get Help Now- Behavioral Health Treatment Locator
Access behavioral health resources by county.
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
Individuals can enter their zip code and be connected to local resources confidently and anonymously.
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline – 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
Individuals can dial this helpline 24/7/365 to be connected to treatment resources, support groups, and community-based organizations in their area.
- Michigan Opioid Collaborative (MOC)
This program can help providers determine if a particular patient is a good candidate for office-based MAT care and give guidance and recommendations on the patient monitoring required to ensure safe medication use.
- Michigan Opioid Prescribing Engagement Network (OPEN)
Michigan OPEN develops evidence-based practices for postoperative and acute care opioid prescribing.