MSU Extension 4-H Volunteer Guide to Verifying Eligibility to Request in-Person EventsDOWNLOAD FILE
May 20, 2021 - Author: Michigan State University Extension
- Login to the MSU Extension Volunteer Central dashboard. If you are unsure of your login credentials, ask your local 4-H professional for assistance.
- On the Annual Dashboard tab, verify your Acknowledgements and Background status.
- If complete, move to the next item.
- If incomplete, click on “please complete” and follow the prompts to complete the background check authorization and acknowledge the MSU Extension Volunteer Code of Conduct, Media/ Medical Release and Novel Coronavirus/COVID19 Addendum.
- Open the My Trainings tab and complete the “Communicating Through Conflict” module.
- Click on “Launch Course” button for “Communicating Through Conflict.”
- You will be redirected. Complete the course. Total time required is 30-40 minutes.
- This module may also be completed offline with your local 4-H professional.
- For your convenience, here are the links to resources used in the training:
o MSU Community Compact
o MSU Extension Approved Activities for Volunteers
o MSU Communicating Through Conflict Workshops
o Additional information about PALS PDF
o Needs Inventory
- Login/create an account in 4-H Online. Contact your local 4-H professional if you need assistance with usernames or passwords.
- Enroll for the current 4-H year. 4-H program years are September 1 to August 31.
- Key steps in 4-H Online:
- Select Volunteer Type: Club volunteer
- Select a Unit/Club:
- Select a Project:
- Continue through the enrollment process and click on submit. Once submitted, your screen will say “Volunteer Application Submitted.”
- For additional information, please view the 4-H Online 2.0 Family Guide.
VERIFY VOLUNTEER STATUS
- Contact your local 4-H professional to verify what your volunteer status is.
- If you are an Active Gold: you may request to hold an in-person event.
- If you are an Active Silver: you may participate in an in-person event but not make the request.
APPLY FOR IN-PERSON EVENTS
- Talk to your local 4-H professional about your plan for in-person programming. They will help guide you through the process and make recommendations to your plan.
- Read the additional information about requesting in-person events on the Approved Activities for MSU Extension Volunteers in 2021 page.
- Read the MSU Extension Volunteer Planning Guide for In-Person Engagements.
- Congratulations! Upon completion of all of the above elements, you may request approval to conduct in-person events on behalf of MSU Extension and Michigan 4-H.