Preschool Activity Pages: Counting Cotton SwabsDOWNLOAD
March 23, 2021
Preschool Activity Pages
Counting Cotton Swabs
- Cotton Swabs (at least 20)
- Markers or Food Coloring
- Small paper Cups (5-10)
- Masking or Painters Tape
Area of School Readiness
Cognition: According to the Head Start Early Childhood Learning & Knowledge Center cognition is your child’s ability to reason, use their memory, engage in problem solving and thinking skills that help children learn about and understand the world around them.
Purpose of the Activity
Mathematics Development: Your child will practice using number names and counting in order and comparing the number of items in different groups.
- Collect items
- Put tape on small paper cups or small containers.
- Using the marker, write a number on each piece of tape.
- Color the tips of cotton swabs with a marker or mix water with food coloring and briefly soak cotton tip and air dry.
- Ask children to select one small cup and collect the number of cotton swabs that matches the number on the cup, place each cotton swab in the cup, counting them one at a time.