SAC Meeting Minutes August 2018
August 1, 2018
Staff Advisory Committee
August 1, 2018
Farm Tour and Lunch Meeting
Attended: Jan, Kathryn, Sharon, Heather, Kevin, Bridget, Sarah & Kris
- Welcomed new member Janet (Jan) Fierro. Jan is completing the last year of Michelle’s first term. Jan is a Communications Manager in the Center for Global Connections in Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Elect new Officers: This was tabled. Sharon will send an email will go out for nominations -Chair – open (year 1 of 2), Vice Chair - open (year 1 of 2), Assist. Vice Chair – open (year 1 of 2), Secretary – open (year 1 of 2). VIII. OFFICERS - There are four (4) officers, Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Assistant Vice-Chairperson and Secretary, each serving up to a two-year office term. At the end of the Chairperson’s term, the Vice-Chairperson becomes the Chairperson, the Assistant Vice-Chairperson becomes the Vice-Chairperson, and the committee elects a new Assistant Vice-Chairperson and Secretary. The Secretary’s job is to ensure that minutes are taken at each meeting and distributed to all members of the committee for approval. The secretary will act as historian for the Committee and at the end of his/her term, will pass on all old minutes of the committee to the incoming secretary. History of the Committee and minutes will also be maintained on the Committee’s website.
- Monthly Staffer – June - Rachel Kramer, MSU Extension. July – Rose Stewart, Fisheries and Wildlife. August – Kelli Kolasa, MSU Extension. We have nominations through May 2019 Kris and Katie will review our current nominations to see if any need to be moved up due to retirements.
- Spring Celebration discussion – low turnout, etc. - Everyone agreed that last springs celebration event was not a success. Low turnout, people not notified/didn’t know, time of year was not conducive for a good attendance as faculty were already in the field and students were gone, lunch location created a disconnect as folks just ate where ever they wanted rather than mingling. An email should go out to the Dean on behalf of SAC.
- Other business - Waiting for confirmation date from the Dean to attend a fall meeting. Second invite went out 8/8/18.
- Committee members to review the HR survey for our next meeting to see if there are outstanding issues that we need to discuss
- Kris will follow up with Work Life Balance Office about a survey they asked us to send to our staff
- We said goodbye to Heather as she is stepping out. We will be seeking nominations from Zone 3 to fill her seat.
- Everyone had a great time during our farm tour. Thank you again to Tristan and Chris for leading us through your areas. I need to get my pictures down-loaded, so we can add to the website.
Review DEI election
Help opportunity for 2019 Ag Exploration Day – need more info
Add pictures from the farm tour to website
Regular monthly meetings will be relocated to Packaging Room 156 on the 1st Wednesday of each month ending in May 2019 from 3:00 – 5:00. ZOOM will be available, but we encourage you to attend in person if possible.