SAC Meeting Minutes February 2019
February 13, 2019
Staff Advisory Committee
February 13, 2019
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Attended: Jan, Colin, Sarah, Kathryn, Bridget, Sharon, Becca & Kris
- Approve meeting minutes from January 9th – APPROVED
- MSU Safe Place Campaign – Kris is working with IPF to get the trophy updated, they have been slow to respond. Will give it one more try and if no response will send it over to the place in Frandor. Zone 1 was the winner and the trophy will go in room 120 Ag Hall.
- Basketball tickets/games update – Just under 200 tickets for the Dec. 30th game and 121 for the Jan. 31st
- CAC update – Working through data from survey, about 20% of faculty responded. Continuing to work on community norms efforts along with Departments doing individual “Norms”. Annual faculty meeting format to be more of a workshop centered around community norms with possible facilitator. Staff survey delayed until after data from faculty survey analyzed (likely next year)
- Big10 Staff Advocacy Collaboration Update – Met on Feb. 12, 2019, Steering Committee established with 1-year terms. Purdue and Nebraska presented on their staff advocacy groups. Both groups are University wide unlike ours. Next meeting in May, date not set yet. Kris will send the link to the responses from the survey each university filled out.
- Anonymous feedback from staff – IT suggested using Qualtrics for the survey. Discussion to use a static survey embedded on our page with no end date. Colin, Sarah and Kris will have access to the data and report to the committee if any new responses. Once we establish our final survey questions, Kris will run it by the Dean’s office and General Council. Colin will follow up with IT for additional details that may be needed.
- Award nomination results – Mary Beth Graebert – individual award and Dairy Store – team award. Both will be presented in the next few days. Letters to those who were nominated but not awarded have gone out to the nominator and the nominee. We will take pictures during the presentation of cake and award notice and have loaded onto ANR Facebook page.
- Other business – Colin to touch base with Quentin’s office on rescheduling the micro-aggression training. Bridget mentioned March 13 may not be an ideal date as Quentin’s office will be preparing for the Exploring our Spirit two day event on the 14-15th.