The Impact of COVID-19 on household income in ThailandDOWNLOAD FILE
July 2, 2022 - Author: Apichaya Lilavanichakul and Mywish K. Maredia
- Thai households saw a significant decline in household income in the first 12 months after the pandemic.
- Compared to March 2020 (pre-COVID), household incomes dropped by 14% in July 2020, recovered some but remained 4% lower in September 2020.
- Almost a year into the crisis, incomes were 6% lower in February 2021 compared to March 2020.
- Impacts were widespread geographically and by household characteristics.
- In designing policy responses, decision makers should account for these broad effects of a shock across locations and household characteristics.