The Kaleidoscope Model of Policy Change: Applications to Food Security Policy in Zambia - in "World Development"
Danielle Resnick, Steven Haggblade, Suresh Babu, Sheryl L. Hendriks, David Mather. 2018. The Kaleidoscope Model of Policy Change: Applications to Food Security Policy in Zambia, World Development, Volume 109, September 2018, Pages 101-120
- Argues that achieving policy impact depends on understanding policy processes.
- Builds on existing work to derive the Kaleidoscope Model (KM) of policy change.
- Tests the KM on episodes of agriculture and micronutrient policy reform in Zambia.
- Provides three additional tools for analyzing policy systems and outcomes.
- Offers measurement criteria to promote replicability and refinements by others.