Webinar - Building food council networks that support health, local economies and equity
This webinar shares how Kansas, Michigan, and North Carolina have each developed robust local food (policy) council networks. These networks connect councils and local level coalitions to foster more equitable food systems that advance health and economic opportunity locally, regionally, and statewide.
Presenters discuss how they have leveraged partnerships to support more democratic action on local food, farming, and health issues and inform state policy. They also discuss responses to COVID-19 in their work, the importance of using an equity lens, lessons learned, and where their work is going next.
- Lindsey Scalera, MSU Center for Regional Food Systems
- Liz Gensler, MSU Center for Regional Food Systems
- LaShauna Austria, Kindred Seedlings Farm
- Abbey Piner, Center for Environmental Farming Systems
- Jeff Usher, Kansas Health Foundation
- Miranda Klugesherz, Kansas Alliance for Wellness
This webinar was sponsored by the MSU Center for Regional Food Systems, Kansas Health Foundation, NC State University Center for Environmental Farming Systems, and KC Healthy Kids. It aired on December 17, 2020.