SAFS Program Funding Opportunities
SAFS & EFFS provides travel grants to enrolled students on an annual basis. The suggested maximum is $800. The Travel Grant Application (pdf) includes additional information on reimbursement and other details.
SAFS helps students and faculty stay connected through the AGROECO listserv, which provides job, internship, event, and other postings related to SAFS topics from the MSU campus to the greater Michigan area.
To join, email email@example.com and include the following command line in the body of the message (not the Subject): SUBSCRIBE AGROECO. You can choose your format - individual messages or digest.
If you have any issues signing up, contact the SAFS advisor.
The best nationwide job and internship listservs in Community Food Systems, broadly defined. Jobs, internships, Americorps opportunities, etc.
Sustainable Agriculture Education Association
Jobs and opportunities in education and academia, including graduate student opportunities.
GOOD FOOD JOBS
Nationwide network for food jobs, from production and culinary work to keeping the books.
- MSU Center for Regional Food Systems
- MSU Organic Pest Management
- MSU Kellogg Biological Station Farms
- MSU Museums Food, Farming and Community Project Team
- MSU Slow Food Student Club
- MSU Student Food Bank
Greater Lansing Area Community Food Links
- MSU Student Organic Farm provides a CSA, Farmstand, farmer training, and student volunteer opportunities!
- MSU Dairy Stores offer ice cream, shakes, and other dairy products from MSU and local dairies
- MSU State Room offers a formal dining experience featuring Michigan products
SAFS & Community Resource Collaborations
- Capital Area Food Council area food map