Association of Grand Rapids Landscape Professionals Scholarship
Application Deadline: January 14, 2021
What is the Scholarship?
The Association of Grand Rapids Landscape Professionals (AGRLP) Scholarship was created to aid students from the greater Grand Rapids area who seek a career in horticulture. AGRLP considers student scholarships an important commitment we can make to the future of our industry.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Applicant must be enrolled at a University or College, in a two or four year horticulture program (landscape, lawn maintenance, retail garden center, arboriculture, grower) or business program.
- Applicant must have a 2.25 grade point average based on a 4.0 scale.
- Student must show sincere interest in the green industry in either the field or business operations side of a company (landscape, lawn maintenance, retail garden center, arboriculture, and grower) as evidenced by related work experience.
- Applicant should show evidence of leadership as exhibited by extra curricular activities.
- Applicant has a desire to pursue professional or business opportunities within a nursery, garden center, landscape contracting, tree service and / or landscape management company or agency is necessary.
- Preference will be given to an applicant who plans to be employed in the greater Grand Rapids area after graduation. Preference will also be given to students with financial need.
- Applicant must reside in the Grand Rapids area.
- Applicant must be carrying at least 6 credit hours, at the time the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicant must be sponsored by an AGRLP member.
P.O. Box 455
Grandville, MI 49468
Phone: (616) 531-1370
Fax: (616) 531-1371
Deadline for Application January 14, 2021