Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
Beinecke Scholarship – Deadline December 1
The Beinecke Scholarship provides funding for graduate school. This award requires an institutional nomination so applicants must go through the MSU NIFS process and be nominated. The NIFS Office (www.nifs.msu.edu ) will help you with your application. Eligibility:
- Have demonstrated superior standards of intellectual ability, scholastic achievement and personal promise
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor’s degree during the 2019-20 academic year. “Junior” means a student who plans to continue full-time undergraduate study and who expects to receive a baccalaureate degree between December 2020 and August 2021.
- Plan to enter a research-focused master’s or doctoral program in the arts, humanities or social sciences. Students in the social sciences who plan to pursue graduate study in neuroscience should not apply for a Beinecke Scholarship; nor should students applying for professional degrees that emphasize skills and practical analysis such as business, law, public health, public policy, and social work.
- Be a United States citizen or a United States national from American Samoa or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Have a documented history of receiving need-based financial aid during his or her undergraduate years.