Gliozzo Dissertation Research Scholarship
Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
The Dr. Charles and Marjorie Gliozzo Dissertation Research Scholarship is available to MSU doctoral students with dissertation research objectives who have defended, or are in the process of defending, a dissertation proposal. The scholarship supports field research abroad in support of the student's dissertation. The application deadline for this scholarship is March 1, 2018.
- Applicants are citizens of the United States.
- Applicants are enrolled in doctoral programs at MSU, have garnered sufficient academic credits, have clearly-delineated dissertation research objectives and ideally have or are in the process of defended/defending their research prospectus/proposal.
- Applicants have demonstrated an ability to undertake primary and/or secondary research abroad.
- Applicants have exhibited scholarly excellence in their academic endeavours.
- Applicants epitomize exemplary character and possess personal attributes which will contribute to their ability to be successful abroad.
Submit the following materials:
- Completed Gliozzo Dissertation Research Scholarship Application Form (PDF).
- Letter of application describing how scholarship funds would be utilized vis-à-vis student's program of study and how the research project will contribute to extant scholarship.
- Letter of support from applicant's academic or research adviser (Reference letters are confidential and will only be shared with members of the Selection Committee) Note: Reference letters may be sent electronically with a signed and sealed hard copy to follow.
- Letter of support from a second faculty member.
- Official MSU transcript that includes fall 2017 grades. Transcripts from previously-attended educational institutions are not required.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
Send completed applicants to:
Assistant Dean for Administration
International Studies and Programs
Michigan State University
427 N. Shaw Lane, Room 207
East Lansing, MI 48824-1035