GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year
Application Deadline: October 15, 2018
GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year:
This year we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship. Do you know a student that has completed a floriculture/horticulture internship this year? Did that student have an exceptional internship experience? Should that student be on the industry's radar as a potential future employee?
If the answer is “Yes” to any of these questions, then please let that student know about this scholarship program. He or she could be number 20!
Here is a reminder of what 2019 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year will receive:
- A check for $3,000;
- Be featured in an article and on the cover of the January 2019 issue of GPN;
- Receive travel and hotel expenses to Cultivate’19 in Columbus, Ohio, next July as well as a full Cultivate’19 registration (compliments of AmericanHort).
To be considered for the 2019 scholarship, the student must meet these requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a four-year accredited university during 2017-2018 and 2018-2019;
- Must be working on an undergraduate degree in horticulture/floriculture; and
- Have completed a greenhouse-related internship in 2018.
To apply for the 2019 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship the student needs to:
- Write a cover letter requesting consideration for the scholarship and state what university he/she attends;
- Secure a letter of recommendation on university letterhead from the applicant’s academic advisor; and
- Write a minimum 1,000-word essay describing the internship experience including where the applicant interned, what his/her responsibilities were and what was learned during the internship.