GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year
Application Deadline: October 14, 2019
For the past 20 years, GPN and Nexus Greenhouse Corp. have been recognizing outstanding college students with the GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship.
And now we are looking for number 21!
Over the years, we have met some pretty amazing students who are currently making an impact on our industry. It has been a lot of fun (and very rewarding) learning about their internship experiences as well as their professional goals — and then watching them go out and achieve them.
This year we are celebrating the 21st anniversary of the GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship. Do you know a student who has completed a floriculture/horticulture internship this year? Did that student have an exceptional internship experience? Should that student be on the industry's radar as a potential future employee?
If the answer is “Yes” to any of these questions, then please let that student know about this scholarship program. He or she could be number 21!
Here is a reminder of what 2020 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year will receive:
- A check for $3,000;
- Be featured in an article and on the cover of the January 2020 issue of GPN;
- Receive travel and hotel expenses to Cultivate’20 in Columbus, Ohio, next July as well as a full Cultivate’20 registration (compliments of AmericanHort).
To be considered for the 2020 scholarship, the student must meet these requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a four-year accredited university during 2018-2019 and 2019-2020;
- Must be working on an undergraduate degree in horticulture/floriculture; and
- Have completed a greenhouse-related internship in 2019.
To apply for the 2020 GPN/Nexus Intern of the Year Scholarship the student needs to:
- Write a cover letter requesting consideration for the scholarship and state what university he/she attends;
- Secure a letter of recommendation on university letterhead from the applicant’s academic advisor; and
- Write a minimum 1,000-word essay describing the internship experience including where the applicant interned, what his/her responsibilities were and what was learned during the internship.
All application materials should be sent to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is Oct. 14, 2019.