Layfield Lewis Endowed Packaging Scholarship
Application Deadline: September 1, 2020
- Recipients shall be undergraduate and graduate students (including transfer students)
- Good academic standing
- Studying packaging within the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Recipients shall be residents of Saginaw, Michigan
- In the event there are no eligible packaging students, the scholarship shall be awarded to students in the College of Engineering
- Special consideration shall be given to assure that this scholarship supports African American students within the limits of the applicable law
- You will be asked to provide dollar amounts of financial aid.
- You must submit at least one document (Essay described below) as a separate file.
- You must submit your most recent CV or resume as a separate file.
- Incoming students will require to submit transcripts from previous institutions or high schools.
Submit a 500-700 word essay (PDF FORMAT) about yourself with your name in the top right corner. Include what is unique about you, your background, your interests, and your professional perspective and goals in the packaging profession. Be as specific as possible, such as stating what type of packaging interests you – food, medical, beverage, consumer goods etc.
- Title Essay: (LastName_FirstName_Year.pdf) for an example (Spartan_Sparty_GR.pdf)
Incoming Freshmen: IF, Freshmen: FR, Sophomore: SO, Junior: JR, Senior: SR, Graduate Student: GR, Incoming Transfer Student: TS.
Resume or CV Submission:
Submit your most recent CV or resume (PDF FORMAT)
- Title Resume/CV: (LastName_FirstName_resume.pdf) for an example (Spartan_Sparty_resume.pdf)
Scholarship Application Information
CURRENT STUDENTS: Please click the link to access the Packaging Scholarship Form
INCOMING FRESHMEN and TRANSFER STUDENTS (starting Fall 2019): Please use the application for CURRENT STUDENTS, making sure to include to your transcripts from your previous institution in the same file. You may leave the future schedule blank, noting that you are an incoming student, if you have not yet completed orientation.