Unpaid Internship Opportunity Award (Scholarship)
Application Deadline: January 14, 2020
Internship Opportunity Award Overview
If you are an MSU undergraduate participating in an unpaid internship, this program is designed to encourage and support your initiative in finding experiential learning opportunities that help you prepare for your career. Funded by the generosity of the MSUFCU and individual donors, this program is administered through the MSU Career Services Network.
Stipend awards of up to $1,000 each are available. The number of awards and dollar amounts will be based on available program funds and demonstrated student interest and need. (Many awards will be for less than the maximum $1,000 award.)
Spring 2020 internships must occur during a significant period between January - April, 2020.
__ Online application completely filled out. Provide information about the internship you are most likely to secure if you have not already secured (accepted) an internship position.
__ Personal Essay – One page (about 500 words) describing your academic and career goals and how this internship fits into your strategy for achieving your goals. You are encouraged to demonstrate your passion for your internship opportunity as well as make your case for any financial considerations (e.g., out-of-pocket expenses) that are affecting your ability to pursue your internship. If you have not yet secured one, describe the #1 priority internship you are pursuing.
__ Current Resume
The number of awards will be based on available program funds and demonstrated student interest and need. Contingent awards are available for students who have not accepted an internship offer by the January 14 deadline, but internships must be secured (confirmed) by January 23, 2020.
Spring Application Deadline: January 14, 2020 at 11:59pm
Application Evaluation Criteria:
- Undergraduate MSU student in good standing
- Preference will be given to students returning to classes Summer or Fall semester 2020
- Accepted to or actively pursuing a high quality, unpaid, career-related internship focusing on the following areas: non-profit organization, government, media, the arts, public relations and advertising
- Preference will be given to demonstrated financial need (as determined by student essay and the MSU Office of Financial Aid)
- Open to U.S. based internships only (no international internships)
- Preference will be given to applicants interning at non-profits located in the greater Lansing area, non-profits in Michigan and Michigan start up businesses in operation less than two years.
- Program is not open to students interning with an MSU department, who are interning internationally, who are past Award recipients, or graduate level students.
- Log in https://msu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ahOPILqAdcqKg6x
- Note: copy/past URL above into new browser if link doesn't work for you
- complete the online application form
- upload your most current resume
- upload your personal essay (see instructions below)
Bill Morgan for questions regarding the application process at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please click here