Location and Hours
On Farm Lane & Auditorium Road next to the Rock
Every Thursday, from April thru October, from 11:00am - 5:30pm
About the Farm Stand
The Student Organic Farm Stand has been a landmark on MSU's campus since the fall of 2005.
Come find our trailer for all of your vegetable, fruit, flower, herb, and transplant needs! All of our food is fresh, local, USDA Certified Organic and grown by our very own MSU Student Organic Farmers. Tables are stocked with what is seasonally available at the SOF.
- Spring: eggs, asparagus, spinach, lettuce, salad, chard, kale, radishes, turnips, peas, and strawberries, in addition to many garden transplants and storage crops like potatoes, carrots, winter squash, onions, garlic, cabbage, and beets.
- Summer: eggs, tomato, pepper, eggplant, cucumber, summer squash, sweet corn, green beans as well as a continuation of many greens, and the beginning of cut flowers, raspberries, and other small fruit.
- Fall: eggs, pumpkins, pop corn, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower, as well as an abundance of raspberries, strawberries, pears, grapes, hazelnuts, and flowers. Fresh roots and storage items are also for sale at this time: more potatoes, cabbage, onions, garlic, winter squash, carrots, beets, radishes and turnips, as well as all your regular greens.
Credit cards are also now accepted! Please note that there is a $5 minimum for credit card purchases. For more information, sign up to receive our Farm Stand Newsletter.
Purchase by the following dates to receive additional credit:
- February 15 = 15% additional credit
- April 15 = 10% additional credit
- June 15 = 5% additional credit
(minimum purchase of $100 share)
How Does a Market Share Work?
You can use your Market Share credit to purchase any veggies, fruit, herbs, or flowers we have for sale at our Farm Stand. We will keep track of your purchases and let you know your balance each time you visit.
Why a Market Share?
A market share is a great way to get more value for your dollar at farm stand! Not to mention, much like our CSA shares, it is a great way to support the SOF. When customers pay up front for the produce they will get throughout the season, we are able to purchase the seeds and supplies that we need before we have things to sell.
When Can I redeem My Market Share?
Market Shares will be redeemable at our on campus Farm Stand which runs April-October. Your balance cannot roll over to another year or be used for purchases outside of our market stand so we will help you keep track of what you have left on your account with each purchase!
Give the Gift of a Market Share!
Market Shares make great gifts! If you are purchasing one as a gift, please indicate that in the "Questions/Comments" section on the form. We will follow up with you directly.
The Fine Print
Market Shares require a minimum of $100 upfront purchase and are redeemable at the SOF Farm Stand during the year of purchase. Market share credits not used by the end of the season cannot be refunded.