The School of Planning, Design and Construction is committed to preparing students to be globally aware through international academic and professional experience. Our goal is for as many students as possible to benefit from international experience and to graduate with knowledge of the three major world regions, North America, Europe and Asia. To that end we offer a range of education abroad options. Education abroad in the School is immersive and experiential, with emphasis on visiting authentic cities and regions. The School’s commitment to global awareness also extends to the design of cost-effective programs and to finding resources that allows greater student participation.
Among the many education abroad programs at MSU, the following are designed to integrate SPDC's academic programs into global experience:
- Mega Event Planning, Food and Culture in Japan and S. Korea. Urban & Regional Planning and Interior Design. (Summer 2020).
- European Planning and Practice: Urban Redevelopment and Historic Preservation in Estonia, Germany and Romania. Urban & Regional Planning (Summer 2021).
- Community-Based Research and Engagement in the Peruvian Andes. Social Science. (Summer 2020).
- Green Building and Sustainable Community in Singapore and South Korea. Urban & Regional Planning and Interior Design (Summer 2020).
- Landscape Architecture in the Netherlands, England, Scandinavia and Germany Landscape Architecture (Spring 2020).
- Healthcare System and Culture in Cuba (Summer 2020).