SPDC Response to Novel Coronavirus
In this uncertain time we find ourselves in with the novel coronavirus pandemic, we as the School of Planning, Design and Construction, are committed to supporting and helping our students, staff and faculty as they navigate the challenges with moving from an in-person to a virtual learning and working environment.
This unprecedented situation has tested the resilience of all of us at SPDC. We are proud of our students, staff and faculty for making this transition and staying #SpartanStrong. Our student’s success is first and foremost of importance to us, and we want them to know that “You Belong Here. Still!”
As a school we are taking action by:
- Sharing words of encouragement with our students via YouTube video.
- Hosting an Open Conversation with Students via Zoom on April 16 from 4-5 p.m. This session will allow students to participate in an open conversation with the SPDC director, program directors, advisors and staff around their experiences due to the novel coronavirus. It will also provide them an opportunity to voice their concerns and suggestions.
- Our advisors are taking remote advising appointments for students.
- Encouraging donations to MSU’s Support our Spartans Student Emergency Needs Fund for COVID-19 (SOS COVID-19 Fund). This temporary fund has been established to assist students who are experiencing financial hardships resulting from the pandemic. Students can apply online to request SOS funds. The College of Social Science has also established an Emergency Fund to help their FAME students.
Resources that are available include:
- Latest updates on MSU and Novel Coronavirus.
- CANR response to novel coronavirus.
- College of Social Science COVID-19 Update.
- Drive-through testing is available on campus.
- Student application for SOS COVID-19 Fund.
We welcome insights and feedback on areas where we can be better and best support you.
Professor and Director
School of Planning, Design and Construction
Michigan State University