Our graduates and alumni enjoy rewarding and productive lives, advancing their careers in all public and private practice areas of the Landscape Architecture Profession.
Our alumni are leaders of prestigious firms, business owners, university professors and employees in private, full-service landscape architecture, land planning, engineering, design and multidisciplinary practices. They enjoy careers in local, state and national public agencies, including city planning and parks departments, National Forest and National Parks Services and the Army Corp of Engineers.
The MSU Landscape Architecture heritage of distinguished alumni includes many important innovators and leaders of the profession.
Alumni Firms and Featured Firms
- Beckett and Raeder, Inc., Ann Arbor, MI.
- EDSA, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Giffels Webster, Detroit, MI.
- GMB Architecture + Engineering, Holland, MI.
- Hamilton-Anderson, Detroit, MI.
- Hitchcock Design Group, Naperville, IL.
- Johnson Hill Land Ethics Studio, Ann Arbor, MI.
- LandDesign, Charlotte, NC.
- Landscape Architects & Planners, Inc., Lansing, MI.
- Mannik Smith Group, Canton, MI.
- OHM Advisors, Livonia, MI.
- Outside Partnership LLC, MI.
- Professional Engineering Associates, Inc., Howell, MI.
- Redstone Land Development, Grand Rapids, MI.
- Site Planning Development, Inc., Charlevoix, MI.
- Smithgroup JJR, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Vidosh North LLC.
- Viridis Design Group, Kalamazoo, MI.
- Kenneth Weikal Landscape Architecture, Farmington Hills, MI.
How to Add Your Firm to This List
If you would like to add your firm’s web address to this list, please send the following information to: Paul Nieratko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Name,
- Name of Firm or Business,
- Firm web site address,
- Firm mailing address, and
- Firm phone number.
MSU Landscape Architecture Alumni & Advisory Board
Below is a list of the current board members. This group also publishes the LandTEXTURE newsletter annually.
- Michael Rein, board president, and director for state outreach at the University of Michigan.
- Scott Reinholt, board past president, and director of sales at Landscape Forms, Inc.
- Cheryl Zuellig, board vice president, and vice president of SmithGroupJJR.
- Vanessa Warren, board secretary, and landscape architect at OHM Advisors.
- Paul Weinberg, board treasurer, and vice president of planning and landscape architecture at Keith and Associates, Inc.
- Tim Britain, board member, and principal at VIRIDIS Design Group.
- Todd Brunner, board member, and owner at TMB Site Consulting.
- Liz Dafoe, board member, and project manager at Upland Design Ltd.
- Debra Guenther, FASLA, board member, and partner at Mithun.
- Joseph James, board member, and associate principal of Reed Hilderbrand LLC.
- Joshua Seyfried, board member, and associate of James Corner Field Operations.
- Ken Weikal, board member, and president of Kenneth Weikal Landscape Architect.
- Sandra Fischer, board member, and principal advisor at Land Morphology
- Vicki McGhee, board member, and chief of planning & infrastructure section at the Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- David Yocca, board member, and senior partner at Conservation Design Forum.