This will be two half-day classes in partnership law and will focus on tax issues related to partnerships.
The topics covered include:
- The impact of various events on the partnership and the partner’s K-1
- formation of the partnership (including the buy-in of a partner into an existing Schedule C)
- distributions of cash and property.
- The cancellation of debt income and the repayment of debt
- The impact of selling a partnership interest to the partnership (a liquidating distribution) versus selling to an outside party
- The impact of a Section 754 election
- Issues that arise with the LLC entity filing as a partnership will also be highlighted.
These topics will be taught using a comprehensive problem. The material will contain references to resource materials and experts' opinions on the various transactions.
The seminar qualifies for 8 hours of CE.
Instructors will be Carol Wright and Trish Ugorowski. Instruction on both days will be begin at 1:00pm and end at 4:45pm.
Registration fee is $170 and is due by January 10, 2023.