South Asia HH-survey
- Key findings of the South Asia survey on the effects of COVID-19 (June 2020)
- Presentation: Understanding the early impact of the COVID-19 crisis on people residing in South Asia: Main Findings of the Rapid Assessment Web Survey (June 2020)
Rapid Anonymous Web (RAW) Survey in South Asia
The South Asia Partnership team at Michigan State University has prepared a short questionnaire to understand the impact of the current COVID-19 crisis on people residing in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The results of this survey will generate timely data and information to assess the constraints people are facing, the impact of this crisis on their livelihoods, food availability and accessibility, behavioral responses, and their physical and social well-being.
The data and evidence-based knowledge to be generated through this Rapid Anonymous Web (RAW) survey will be analyzed and synthesized quickly and made available in the form of short research reports, briefs and blogs. We expect that these research outputs will help local communities, organizations, governments, and development partners to respond to the COVID-19 Virus outbreak with humanitarian interventions as well as socio-economic rehabilitation and development programs as quickly as possible.
You can take this survey by clicking this link or use the QR code to access the survey on your mobile device. It will only take 10 minutes of your time! We appreciate your time in taking this survey.
In addition, we are asking you to help us in this research in two ways:
- First, please share this page with the survey link with your relatives, friends, co-workers, colleagues, neighbors, other people you know, and personally request them to complete the survey and to spread this request to their network of friends, relatives, co-workers, and people they know.
- Second, if you know anyone who currently works or most recently worked as farm laborer, gardener, cook, domestic helper, fruit and vegetable seller, street vendor, rickshaw driver, butcher, factory worker, repair person, other types of unskilled worker or self-employed person in low-skilled job, you could help us by:
- Forwarding the survey link to that person, if someone in their family has a Smart Phone and knows English; or
- You can interview that person over the phone, and complete the same questionnaire for that family.
We are asking you the favor of spreading this message and the survey link to your social network, and to help us by interviewing someone who you know that is unlikely to take this survey because of language barrier or lack of access to the Internet. We want to also hear from such people and would greatly appreciate your help in playing the role of an interviewer. Thank you for your support.
The survey is open until the end of April 2020.
Stay healthy, stay safe!