Learn about insects at the Bug House: Where science and fun meet!
The Bug House features stunning specimen displays and a menagerie of live insects and arachnids -- including beetles, tropical cockroaches, and tarantulas! We are located in room 147 of the Natural Science Building on MSU's main campus in East Lansing, Michigan.
Schedule a program with us!
The MSU Bug House offers a variety of in-person and virtual educational programs about insects and other arthropods.
Use this link to contact us to schedule a program or request more information.
- Mini-Tour ($40) - 30 minutes. Includes time to explore the Bug House and meet our live animals; no presentation; limited to 5-10 visitors.
- Regular Tour ($70) - 60 minutes. Includes presentation, time to explore the Bug House & meet live animals, limited to 15-20 visitors.
- Virtual Mini-Tour ($20) - 30 minutes. Includes time to explore the Bug House and meet our live animals. No limit on attendance.
- Virtual Regular Tour ($60) - 60 minutes. Includes presentation and/or activity, time to explore the Bug House & meet our live insects. No limit on attendance.
No time for a tour? No problem! The Bug House provides a variety of free open house events during evenings and weekends for the general public throughout the year. See the "Events" tab above for a list of upcoming open houses!
Things to Know Before Your Bug House Visit:
- Please plan to arrive on time. The Bug House is staffed on an as-needed basis by students who take time out of their busy schedules to share their knowledge of insects. We ask that our visitors be respectful of the students' time by arriving on time for their scheduled tours.
- No food or drink will be allowed inside the Bug House.
- At this time we are unable to process electronic payments, thus, all payments must be made with cash or check.
- Make a parking plan. Parking on campus can be a challenge. We have compiled our best recommendations into this visitor parking guide.