CRP emergency grazing and haying information

The official USDA policy and press releases on emergency grazing and haying of CRP land and other sources of assistance are attached in this article.

Due to the prevailing drought and shortage of feed, many crop and livestock producers have raised questions about the CRP land. Tim Redder, USDA  NRCS District Conservationist, Charlotte Service Center in Eaton County (517-543-1539 ext. 3), has provided the following information describing the CRP policy on emergency grazing and haying and other USDA programs designed to assist farmers, such as the Federal Crop Insurance Program. Growers with questions regarding these policy changes and assistance programs should contact their localUSDA NRCS office.

Additional information:

Did you find this article useful?