Use the resources listed below to help you get started with your hop production. Want to receive more information on hop production and details about upcoming MSU hop events? Sign up to receive the Michigan State University Digest or follow us on Facebook at Michigan State University Hop News.
Commercial crop overview
- Getting started with hops: Webinar Recording
- Challenges and Opportunities for Organic Hop Production in the United States, Agronomy Journal, Volume 103, Issue 6, 2011
Cost of production
- 2016 Enterprise Budgets for hop production (5, 10, 20 acres)
Cultivars and genetics
- Hop Trellising and Budgets, Edward B. Page, Colorado State University
- Building a Hopyard, Roger Rainville, University of Vermont
- Irrigation parts list, University of Vermont Extension
- Trellis Cost Budget, University of Minnesota
- Simple Earth Hops: Hop Trellis Parts List
- Erigging Supply
- Fehr Bros Industries, Inc.
- Growers Supply
- Safeland Industrial Supply, Inc.
- Southern Wire Corporation
- Web Rigging Supply
- Trickl-eez Company
- Springbrook Supply
- Setting Up Irrigation in Your Hopyard, YouTube video by University of Vermont Extension