Apply to the Institute of Agricultural Technology
Admission to the Institute of Agricultural Technology is based on several factors including the availability of space in your desired program of study. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
NOTE: Students planning to enroll in a partnership program based at a Michigan community college must follow the same application process below.
The IAT online application is available to students who are ready to apply.
Admission is based on:
- Your academic performance in high school
- Your work experience, organized school activities, community involvement and conduct
- Demonstrated interest in program of study
- Available space in your desired program
Application Details & Deadlines
The IAT uses rolling admissions with each program coordinator making the admission decision. Admission decisions are typically made within four weeks of all admission materials being received.
When to apply:
- High school seniors are encouraged to apply September – May of their senior year.
- Transfer students should apply six months prior to semester of enrollment.
- Complete the IAT online application for admission, including the personal statement.
- Pay the $65 non-refundable application fee using a credit card or electronic check or submit request for application fee waiver.
- Have your official high school transcript and/or college transcripts sent to the MSU Office of Admissions through an electronic delivery service such as Parchment, Docufide, Naviance, or E Scrip-Safe. Schools that do not have access to these services may send official paper documents via U.S. mail to the MSU Office of Admissions, Hannah Administration Building, 426 Auditorium Rd., Room 250, East Lansing, Michigan 48824-2604.
Applications are valid for one calendar year beyond the initial semester of submission. It is not necessary to submit a new application or application fee during this period. To be considered for an alternate semester, contact the Institute of Agricultural Technology before the application’s expiration.
Contact the Institute of Agricultural Technology with any questions about the application for admission or anything else related to your enrollment by calling 517-355-0190 or email your questions to Carol Fosburg at email@example.com.